Thursday, June 01, 2006

HISTORICAL ACTION FIGURE

I arrived at the University of Nebraska today and since I had a bit of time I strolled over to the official university bookstore to browse. I like university bookstores because in most cases they have a selection you do not always see at a chain. You find more academic monographs.

While looking in the history section, at the end of the aisle, I spied a box with a "Marie Antoinette Action Figure." Inside the box was a plastic figurine in a long red dress and a very tall grey wig. The box said you could take the dress and wig off--I am not sure why you needed to be able to undress Marie Antoinette. But what was most interesting is that there was a button at the back of the neck--when you press it, her head pops off! Very interesting.

Now I am curious what other historical action figures in this series do. I can only imagine what an Adolf Hitler or Margaret Sanger or John F. Kennedy action figure might do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*Eyes widen*

Or how about Guy Fawkes, or Jezebel, or Benito Mussolini?

The mind boggles.

AG said...

How about Jan Huss?