Friday, June 03, 2005

"MY WHOLE LIFE HAS BEEN A WASTE. . ."

This morning when I got up and went to get my coffee and my free USA Today, I was greeted by the following headline: "Tyson: My Whole Life Has Been A Waste." http://www.usatoday.com/sports/boxing/2005-06-02-tyson-saraceno_x.htm I am not fan of boxing and have never appreciated Mike Tyson, but it is so tragic to see what he has become. The article quotes Tyson saying: "I am really a sad, pathetic case." After reading the article one wonders if he ever had a chance given his family background. However, I can't help but think that maybe now that he recognizes his poor stewardship of life, it may be the start of a new beginning. God is the God of new beginnings. We all need new beginnings. I know I am thankful for new beginnings. I pray that he finds a new beginning.

No comments: