Saturday, August 03, 2013

JAKE TAPPER'S DATE WITH MONICA LEWINSKY

A bit of history.  Jake Tapper, NBC reporter, discusses his date with Monica Lewinsky.  It gives some insight into the Washington theater and the social atmosphere of the press corps and "politicos."

I write, clearly, because I want a piece of this story just like everybody else. That imperative distinguishes me not at all from every other journalist in Washington. But perhaps even more, I also want to point out that behind this particular bimbo eruption sits a young woman who is not a bimbo, who is a fairly sensible sort from what I saw, who was never going to be the one holding a press conference alongside a posterboard blowup of the Star with a back pocket full of the cash she got from selling out. She may be guilty of poor judgment, but she never asked for this.

No comments: