Wednesday, July 27, 2005

TRYING TIMES

I am sometimes sent surveys on the reactions/views/opinions of history or political science professors to a variety of issues. I received one from the folks at Siena College (usually it is a presidential questionnaire) recently noting that “several of our students have expressed the opinion that “they” are living in a very difficult time. With that in mind we thought it would be interesting to find out what the experts think.”

If you are interested please vote.

Please rank the following “TRYING TIMES” in the United States History with “1” being the “MOST TRYING.” If you feel that you cannot rank all eight in order please feel free to rank as many as you can, top 3, 5, etc.]

A. Revolutionary Era

B. Civil War Era

C. World War I Era

D. Depression Era

E. World War II Era

F. Vietnam/Cultural Revolution Era

G. War on Terror Era

I won’t make any comments at this time in case I might influence anyone’s vote. But I have had ongoing discussions/debates/arguments for the last couple of years with several people on this very same issue so I will be interested in the broader responses that should arise. I will also publish the survey results when I receive them.

4 comments:

Ma Hoyt said...

A. Revolutionary Era - 1

B. Civil War Era - 2

C. World War I Era - 6

D. Depression Era - 3

E. World War II Era - 4

F. Vietnam/Cultural Revolution Era - 5

G. War on Terror Era - 7

(if you need to know age, I am somewhere between 45 and 48)

Luddie said...

A. Revolutionary Era 2.

B. Civil War Era 4.

C. World War I Era 3.

D. Depression Era 1.

E. World War II Era 5.

F. Vietnam/Cultural Revolution Era 7.

G. War on Terror Era 6.

Ma Hoyt said...

(hey...WILSON, I just saw that last part, and I may have to rank the current era as more "trying" than I'd previously thought...)

Luddie said...

Hmmm, perhaps then there should be an eighth option. The Jonathan Wilson Era.

;D